The Veronicas: Talent Management
Following a successful partnership throughout 2014-15, The Veronicas invited me to take on a full time role of manager for their band. The Veronicas’ brand recognition, reach and success increased dramatically during my tenure as manager.
- The ARIA #1, multi-platinum single In My Blood. In My Blood has been streamed over 28m times on Spotify, over 7m times on VEVO and was the #4 most played song on Australian radio by a local artist in 2016.
- Released the platinum, ARIA top 20 single On Your Side which has been streamed over 28m times on Spotify. The music video was written & directed by Ruby Rose, received global media attention & has been viewed over 25m times.
- Recorded the song ‘S is for Sibling’ for Sesame Street’s 46th season (due to be aired in 2017), conducted press alongside Cookie Monster and recorded the Sesame Street theme song with Cookie Monster.
- The Veronicas filled in for the Madden brothers as guest coaches on The Voice in 2016.
- Headlined the 2017 Mardi Gras after party.
- Hosted the 2016 ARIA Awards and performed alongside John Farnham.
- Won an ARIA Award in 2015 for Best Music Video for You Ruin Me.
- Performed with Tina Arena as part of her ARIA Hall of Fame induction at the 2015 ARIA Awards, going on to feature on her Greatest Hits album, released in 2017.
- Performed live on national television across a range of shows including The Voice (2016 and 2017), The X Factor, the ARIA Awards (2015 and 2016), The Footy Show Grand Final (AFL), The Footy Show (NRL), TODAY, Sunrise & The Morning Show.
- Became a marquee festival act in Australia, performing at some of the country’s most iconic festivals including Big Pineapple, North West Fest, Handpicked & Bassinthegrass.
- Forged corporate relationships with Optus, Holden, YOUI & realestate.com.au.
- Released an open letter to Tony Abbott asking for marriage equality, reaching millions, being viewed over 600,000 times, with their words reprinted in The Daily Telegraph.
- They’ve amassed 2m monthly Spotify listeners, 575,000 Instagram followers, 2.2m Facebook likes, 114 million YouTube views and over 380,000 subscribers.
- Completed their 4th album, working with Cathy Dennis, Wayne Hector, Nick Monson, DNA and Shelly Peiken.
In My Blood music video:
In My Blood signalled an official ‘comeback’ by The Veronicas. They were reintroduced to the market with strong, boundary-pushing and high class imagery which courted immediate attention from the media, fans and general public. The time spent sculpting The Veronicas’ new image and sound paid off, with In My Blood becoming their third #1 single and one of the biggest songs of 2016.
On Your Side music video (written & directed by Ruby Rose):
All content created with The Veronicas is made after answering a simple question: will people want to share it? The music video for On Your Side almost didn’t happen, but when Ruby Rose asked to write, direct and feature in it, it was full steam ahead. Garnering global attention, the video has received over 15m views and the song has been streamed over 19m times on Spotify, remaining The Veronicas’ most streamed song on the platform.
The Veronicas perform In My Blood live at the ARIA Awards:
If you want to steal the spotlight at an awards show, performing covered in body glitter has to be one of the best ways to do it. The Veronicas were the only thing anybody could talk about following the 2016 ARIA Awards (which they were also hosting), as they recreated their In My Blood single cover live on stage, performing covered in body glitter.
The Veronicas perform Chains with Tina Arena at the ARIA Awards:
When Tina Arena asks you to perform her biggest song with her, live at the ARIA Awards, there’s only one answer you can give. The song was later released digitally and on Tina Arena’s Greatest Hits, with The Veronicas donating their portion of proceeds to ocean warriors Sea Shepherd.
THE BITCHES ARE BACK teaser:
This video was released just prior to the announcement of their single In My Blood. To aim was to make a tongue-in-cheek statement that The Veronicas had returned, ready to stamp their authority on the music scene. It worked, picking up media headlines across Australia.
In My Blood teaser video & pre-order announcement:
Filmed on the set of the In My Blood photoshoot, this video was released to announce the pre-order for In My Blood. Featuring an abstract remix of In My Blood, the high quality production of the teaser left fans thinking the soundbed was the single and that the vision would form part of their music video, too. Rather, this was just a piece of bonus content for fans.
IN MY BLOOD music video premiere date:
The In My Blood music video was directed by the highly regarded Sasha Samsonova. She had only directed one music video prior to this, but her eye for beauty and finding the right angles proved she was the best choice to bring the vision to life. This scene was one of her favourites – we pulled it out and slowed it down, creating a beautiful clip to announce the premiere date of the video.
IN MY BLOOD music video teaser:
The content marketing for In My Blood was extensive, with each piece meticulously scripted and planned out, always with the aim of cutting through and becoming another piece of content fans would be compelled to share. This teaser was no exception.
IN MY BLOOD ARIA voting campaign:
With In My Blood nominated for Song of the Year at the ARIAs, a publicly voted award, I pulled key moments from the In My Blood campaign to share across The Veronicas’ social channels to solicit for votes. Amongst the pieces I shared was this award acceptance speech the girls recorded as a joke earlier in the year. It didn’t get us the ARIA, but it did get us some laughs.