The Veronicas: Brand, Touring & Digital Strategist
I was engaged in a freelance capacity by The Veronicas to work with their management, record label, booking agent and promoters on their 2014 relaunch and subsequent touring.
Responsibilities and achievements included:
- Planning and implementing the digital content strategy for their ARIA #1, multi-platinum single You Ruin Me (15m Spotify streams, 8m VEVO views, #8 UK single chart and platinum certification).
- Planning and implementing the digital content strategy for their ARIA #2, platinum certified, self-titled third album, and platinum single If You Love Someone (5m Spotify streams, 2.6m VEVO views).
- Working with agents, promoters, management and label to oversee, approve and implement ticketing, VIP options, media planning, marketing and announcement of Australian, UK & US legs of the Sanctified Tour.
- Project managed a line of merchandise which included devising and implementing the product strategy, briefing, managing and approving designs, managing stock production and flow, and maximising profits.
- Strategy and management of all digital channels across releases and touring (including international markets) and overseeing and approving all media planning and paid advertising from label and promoters for their releases and tours across multiple markets.
- Management of charity projects and engagements.
The Veronicas’ return after five years:
You Ruin Me saw The Veronicas return after a five year hiatus. Debuting at #1 on the ARIA chart and the top 10 in the UK, the single is now 3x platinum and won an ARIA Award for Best Music Video. I created the digital and social media strategy on behalf of The Veronicas for You Ruin Me, executing it for releases across Australia, New Zealand, the UK and US.
Valentine’s Day dedications with The Veronicas:
Tasked with the challenge of creating a Valentine’s Day execution for The Veronicas to promote their single You Ruin Me in the US, I developed the idea for a ‘choose your own adventure’ style microsite.
The site leveraged The Veronicas’ core products (their music and music videos) to allow music lovers to Valentine’s Day (or Anti-Valentine’s Day) dedications on social media.
The site was used as an opportunity to highlight their single You Ruin Me, If You Love Someone and Cruel, allowing fans to share their love or seek revenge, while supporting their favourite band, all at the same time.
The Sanctified Tour:
The Veronicas toured their third album through Australia, the UK & US throughout 2014 and 2015. I oversaw all marketing, ticketing, show routing, publicity, VIP experiences and merchandise design and production for all tour dates.
Charity & non-profit projects:
Avid supporters of the community and environment, The Veronicas are involved in a number of non-profit organisations, including Sea Shepherd and Australia Zoo. In addition to raising funds for and organising local representation for Sea Shepherd at each of their live shows, I also oversaw The Veronicas’ role as National Reconciliation Week ambassadors in 2015.