Nazeem Hussain: I’m A Celebrity Campaign Strategist
I was the campaign strategist for Nazeem Hussain during his time on Channel Ten’s I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Australia. This role saw me take on a range of responsibilities across content and social media strategies, marketing and media planning, copywriting, video editing, content scripting and budget management.
Within this role I:
- Created and executed an original content plan. Working with Nazeem, his management (Bec Sutherland) and video director (Oriel Guthrie), we created an original video series to complement Naz’s efforts while he was in the jungle. The video series set out to introduce Nazeem to a mainstream audience, explaining how and why Nazeem accepted a place in, and how he prepared for his time in, the jungle.
- Created and executed the broadcast-related content strategy, including implementing a tone of voice across all of Nazeem’s social media channels and repurposing content from each episode of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.
- Oversaw the marketing budget and media plan.
- Managed all of Nazeem’s social media channels during his time on the show.
- Nazeem finished in fourth place, reaching the finals and beating 10 other celebrities.
- Generated 14.85m video views on Facebook while Nazeem was in the jungle.
- Reached 35.6m people on Facebook, resulting in an audience increase of 44.1%.
- Increased Instagram audience by 73.8%, generating over 150,000 Instagram story views.
- Generated 2.0m impressions on Twitter, growing Nazeem’s audience by 11.73%.
- Programmed 10 different ‘celebrity’ hosts to take over Nazeem’s Twitter account while he was in the jungle.
Nazeem tells his loved ones he’s entering the jungle:
Nazeem predicts his I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here journey:
Nazeem practices entering the jungle (Shooting Stars remix):
Nazeem was allowed one luxury item in the jungle but never had a chance to use it. This could be why:
Naz tackles his fear of heights: