KIIS Network: Head of Digital Content
I was engaged by the Australian Radio Network (ARN) to lead their national digital content team and oversee the digital launch of Melbourne’s newest commercial radio station, KIIS 101.1, and shows: Matt & Jane in the morning and Hughesy & Kate for the drive home.
Within this position I:
- Managed the KIIS Network’s team of Digital Content Producers and set the editorial tone and direction of the digital platforms.
- Worked across the digital launch of Melbourne’s newest commercial radio station, KIIS 101.1.
- Was the Digital Producer for KIIS 101.1’s breakfast show (Matt Tilley & Jane Hall), leading their digital and social media strategy.
- Created digital content on a daily basis for a number of platforms and brands.
- Strategised, developed and launched the digital execution of KIIS 101.1’s live music product, KIIS Live Laneway Gigs.
- Took www.KIIS1011.com.au to its highest ever month of traffic (May 2015, as per Google Analytics).
- Led the KIIS Network to become the #1 commercial radio network online in Australia.
- Was nominated for an Australian Commercial Radio Awards (ACRA) nomination for digital execution of Hughesy & Kate’s Barb and Niko storyline (catfishing a catfish).
Meet Hughesy & Kate:
Hughesy & Kate had amassed over a decade of on air time together when they quit their Nova 100 radio show in 2013. In 2015 they were lured back into the fold for the KIIS network and for the first time in their career, stepping into a national radio show. To help introduce them to a national audience, we created a series of content that showed them in a natural state, hero-ing what they’re best at: self-deprecation and light hearted anarchy.
Guy Sebastian performs ‘Linger’ for the first KIIS Live Laneway Gig:
KIIS 101.1 launched a new live music property, KIIS Live Laneway Gigs, with Guy Sebastian taking the reins in the first event.
Hughesy & Kate: Kate Langbroek catfishes a catfish
In an ACRA-nominated performance, Kate Langbroek catfished a catfish. Creating the character of ‘Barb’, Kate set up an online dating profile with the aim of luring in an unsuspecting catfish. Instead of letting him be the scammer, she took him on a wild ride, with each phone call becoming more and more erratic and unbelievable, creating must-see content every day. Niko, the catfish, kept up his facade, however, hoping for his payday. In this video their relationship comes to a screeching halt.
Nonna Paola’s red carpet debut
Everyone’s favourite Nonna, Nonna Paola, made her red carpet debut at the 2015 Logies, interviewing the best and brightest of Australian entertainment, on behalf of KIIS 101.1’s breakfast team, Matt & Jane. Nonna Paola was engaged as a red carpet reporter to help cut through the glut of red carpet reportage from the Logies each year. She did exactly that, racking up over one million views as she interviewed Dannii Minogue, Ian Thorpe, Lee Lin Chin and many, many others.
Matt & Jane: Judge Jane Rebecca Hall
A talented actress, Jane Hall channeled her inner Judge Judy to create Judge Jane, an arbiter of all decisions, great or small.